If you’re looking for a new activity to keep you busy, that’s fun, easy to learn, not costly and very rewarding then you should try crocheting. Crocheting is a great way to relax and your creations can be used around the house or as gifts for your family and friends.
Crochet is such a versatile kind of needlework allowing you to create an abundant assortment of projects; however, before you take on the task of learning how to crochet it is important to keep in mind certain points.
1. Familiarize yourself with the tools needed to crochet. Usually, all you need is a needle and the appropriate yarn/thread for your project. It’s very important that the needle size or hook matches your thread, this way you’ll be able to work better and get better results.
2. Choose your yarn carefully. Start with a light color so you can see what you’re doing and avoid wool or chenille.
3. Test your yarn to make sure it is strong enough. Rub a string of it between your thumb and your index finger and if it frays a lot, don’t use it. Do the same with several types of yarn to understand what I’m talking about.
4. Learn the most essential stitches to crochet. The most common ones are the chain, the single crochet and the double crochet. Once you have accomplished to make these stitches well, you can start thinking about your first project.
5. Your first project should have easy stitches and a large-size needle or hook for a bigger thread size. A beginner should work with thinner threads later.
6. Select a simple and easy project to follow. A scarf, a coaster or a small pillow case can be a good start. You always start easy so you won’t get frustrated and disappointed.
7. Before you choose more difficult projects, complete several simple ones. It’s best to establish a strong sense of what crocheting is all about rather than embarking on projects you’re not ready for.
Remember You don’t have to spend a fortune to get started. It is crucial to start simple and with the right size thread and needle. Practice with several easy projects and don’t give up. Crocheting instructions are easy to follow and the rewarding results are all worth it. You’ll be glad you embarked in such a fun and relaxing activity.
Betsy Meeh is an experienced crocheter with over 30 years of practice. She has completed many detailed projects such as bedspreads and blankets. She believes that crochet has also provided her with a more stress free lifestyle.
Get moreInstructions [http://learningtocrochet.weebly.com/] by visiting: [http://learningtocrochet.weebly.com/].
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3012401